Monday, March 19, 2012

Fun at the Club!

I recently started playing at the Ohio Charity Poker Club.  It is spacious and relatively well run card room, at least when you compare it to your other options in the Cleveland area.  The dealers seem to be decent, the action good, and the players...  well somewhat lacking in the skill department.  Contrary to popular belief, I try to be as nice as possible when going to a place like this.  Why?  People may play hands differently against you or try not to stack you.  I'm rambling, time to talk a little poker.

I sit down yesterday and buy in for the max (200).  On my 3rd or 4th hand I notice the button straddles and I'm in the small blind with two jacks.  I make it 20 straight and get flat called by two players, no reads at this point.  The flop comes Q52 rainbow and I bet 45, and the guy to my left mucks.  Then immedietly the next player ships, and obviously I fold, and he flips Q5 off.  At this point I'm licking my chops...  A few orbits later I pick up kings with a stack of about 160 and after 4 limps I raise to 17.  Chochbag mcgee who played Q5 earlier calls.  On a flop of Q4T He bets 40 and all my chips find themselves being pushed forward.  He flips over Q4...  Just not my day. 

I switch tables and find myself next to a fellow cpmg player, Doza.  I look at AJs on the button and call a raise of 7, and Doza makes it 25 total.  I have about 200-210 at this point, so I call.  Heads up, the flop is A105 and Doza bets 40, and I flat call.  Turn 2 and it goes check check here.  I check this turn to keep the pot small in case he is checking AQ or AK.  River is a King and Doza bets 55 or 60.  I make the crying call and look at Mike's KK...  like I said, not my day.

I bring 100 to the club the next day and run it up to about 450.  I start off by winning some smallish pots to bring my stack up to about 150 when I find QT off on the button and call a raise to 11 after two others have already called.  We take it 5 ways and the flop is KJ6 with two spades.  It checks around and the turn is an offsuit 7.  One player bets 11 and I flat.  Before the dealer flips the river I say "Peel an ace please, and that's exactly what she does, and it isn't a spade.  The other player checks and I bet 60, trying to make it look like I'm buying it.  Fortunately he snap shoves with a set of kings and gets beaten into the pot.  A few hands later, I get QQ twice in a row and both times the flop comes with an ace and a king.  By this time my friend busts out, so he is ready to go.  I post and say, one more orbit.  The jackass who stacked me with Q4 is at the table siting with 300.  I'm in the BB with K7s  and somebody raises to 12 and gets called in 4 or 5 spots, so I put in the extra 10.  QJ2 all spades rolls out.  Jackass checks and I bet 50, and he shoves.  I call and he flips 93s.  I leave shortly after.

This is where I make a mistake and decide to come back the club later, around 8 or so.  I hop on the 1-2 list and get seated with Colin and Mike T, two players who I consider to be better than me, and Colin has like 500 BBs.  Colin ends up stacking me when I look down at QQ.  Colin raises UTG + 2 and gets two or three callers.  I'm on the button and I reraise to 36.  Everyone calls...  fuck.  Colin instantly fires 40 or 50 on a flop of J52.  It folds to me and I smooth call with the overpair.  The reason for that is I believe that Colin thinks this is a good flop texture to fire at.  I figure he shuts it down on the turn and checks if it isn't a Q, K, or A.  I would then check behind and take him to value town on the river.  Unfortunately the J peels off on the turn and Colin snap shoves.  I think briefly, and then call going with my initial read.  He flips over KJ and I'm out of my seat handing him cash for chips, when the dealer mucks my cards.  At this point I feel its time to go into full douche mode.  I go outside and cheef down a cigarette in like two minutes.  I come back to the table and look down at AK and fling 25 forward and get a couple callers.  KJ7 rolls out and I grab a random amount and toss it forward.  No action and I take that pot down.  A few hands later I double up to 500.  I can't recall exactly how, but I know as soon as I win I say, Ship it.

After winning a few more decent pots my stack swells to around 700 and I'm rolling.  I limp the button with K6d after a few other limpers.  The flop comes Q47 with two diamonds and doofus bets 5.  I raise to 25 and get called in two spots.  The turn is the 4 of diamonds, bingo.  Doofus checks and I bet 89, other doofus folds and he ships for 100 more.  I snap call and am somewhat shocked when he flips AJd.  Once again I'm out of my chair and outside.  I come back to find AKd, and i fling 30 into the pot, trying to look as tilted as possible.  Called in 3 spots...  flop is A23.  I bet 75 and get no action.  I'm sitting with about 550 when I look at QTd on the button.  EP player raises to 12, two callers, I call.  Flop is 7x8d9d.  EP bets 40, gets called, and I make it 114 with my omega draw.  He ships for 200 additional chips.  I tank.  The pot has 334, and I need to call 200 to win it.  But, if I hit a straight flush, I also probably win the high hand bonus, which is around a grand.  Unfortunately I call and look at his J9s.  Blank Blank and I lose. 

Then I move to PLO with Colin because I'm trying to get even, lol.  I can't really analyze PLO effectively, but I'll try this hand.  Button straddle to 6, I look at As5s7h3h or something like that.  Basically everybody limps and the straddler pots it.  Two calls in front of me so I call.  A few more callers behind.  Flop is Ad7s2s and the straddle bets around pot.  It folds to me, and I notice the player to my left exposes his cards to me.  I have told him multiple times up to this point that he is doing this.  I glimpse an Ace in his hand so I know the bettor doesn't have a set of those.  I say "lets smoke pot" and ship around 275.  The bettor snap calls with 8d7d7c5c or something to that effect and we run it twice, with me losing both. 

3 comments:

  1. I did get lucky with KK. I'm sure I'll be shipping chips to you soon in the same situation...stay thirsty my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you know that you play your CPMG colleagues soft when in a public room?

    ReplyDelete